Please read the DISCLAIMER at the bottom of the blog.

Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is considered to be the greatest investor in Indian Market. He is supposed to have made Rs 5000 crores by just investing Rs 5000 in Indian Stock Market. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala guru mantra to be successful in stock market is as enumerated below:

(a) He advises people to become interested in a stock when none is interested in the same stock. As per him BUY RIGHT & HOLD TIGHT for years to come. He has been holding few stocks for last 10 years and he is still minting money from those stocks.

(b) He further advises that one should not follow big investors blindly as their risk profile and long term goals with time frame may be difficult to be followed by retail investor.

(c) Market is supreme and every thing is reflected in the price and thus their is no point in fighting the trend as market is always right.

(d) One should be able to create a balance between the fear and greed.

(e) As per his words one has to learn the stock market trading as none can teach the market as stock market experience is the best teacher.

Thus follow Rakesh Jhunjhunwala advice in stock market, BE PATIENT and grow big like Warren Buffet or this iconic man from Dalaal Street.

If you subscribe to this blog with your email, you will get the post right in your INBOX moment it is posted on this blog. Do remember to activate the subscription in your email. GOOD LUCK.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Geojit Comtrade all set to enter commodity broking(Part of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Portfolio)

Kochi based Geojit Financial Services ( Part of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala holdings) and Rare Enterprises, promoted by Mumbai-based investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, have decided to jointly set up a commodities broking firm, according to reliable sources.

The new firm named Geojit Comtrade is expected to go live from next week is coming at at a time when markets are crumbling due to weakening global scenario and when most brokerages are grappling with shrinking revenues.

Geojit Comtrade will have pan-India presence and offer its services to retail, corporate and high net worth individual clients.

Geojit founder George and his family are said to own 60 percent stake in the newly formed firm while Rakesh Jhunjhunwala holding the remaining 40 percent.

Earlier this year, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala who has large stakes in companies like Lupin, Crisil and GE Shipping, has acquired a 13% stake in Geojit Securities through preferential allotment.

The brokerage has already taken membership with the MCX, NCDEX and NMCE. Officials from both MCX and NMCE confirmed that Geojit Comtrade had become a member of their exchanges.

It was widely believed that Geojit Comtrade is looking forward to get the support of some of Geojit’s customers using its about to close commodity trading platform.

Geojit will be closing commodities trading on December 31 after BNP Paribas took a 27% stake in Geojit Financial Services last year. The Indian Banking Regulation Act does not allow banks to participate in commodity futures.

Besides the vast experience of George in futures trade business in the country, the firm hopes to utilize the skills of Jhunjhunwala, known as Indian Warren Buffet, in cementing its place in the new scenario.

George was instrumental in pioneering some of the contracts that are currently traded on the commodity futures exchanges, way back in 2003.

As per Sep 08 share holding pattern, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is holding 1,80,00,000 shares of Geojit financial Services

No comments:


DISCLAIMER: The author is not a registered stockbroker nor a registered advisor and does not give investment advice. His comments are an expression of opinion only and should not be construed in any manner whatsoever as recommendations to buy or sell a stock, option, future, bond, commodity, index or any other financial instrument at any time. While he believes his statements to be true, they always depend on the reliability of his own credible sources. The author recommends that you consult with a qualified investment advisor, one licensed by appropriate regulatory agencies in your legal jurisdiction, before making any investment decisions, and that you confirm the facts on your own before making important investment commitments.

Website hit counters